Mitch Leitman’s practice concentrates on real estate (both commercial and residential), corporate, commercial and financing transactions, leasing and trust and estate planning. He advises and assists his clients on all types of real estate and commercial transactions including the purchase, sale and financing of commercial and residential properties, land development and commercial leasing as well as the purchase and sale of businesses through the acquisition and/or disposition of assets or shares. Mitch also acts on behalf of borrowers and lenders in connection with all aspects of debt financing transactions.
Mitchell obtained his LLB from the University of British Columbia in 1995 after completing his undergraduate studies at McGill University. He was called to the Ontario Bar in 1997.
- Acted on the creation of subdivisions for one of Canada’s largest developers.
- Represented a Canadian bank on a $25 million multi-national financing facility.
- Regularly works with large clients, entrepreneurs and individuals, meeting their varied legal needs.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association, member Real Property Law executive
- Ontario Bar Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Society of Estates and Trusts Practitioners, TEP
- Regular presenter: Ontario Bar Association annual institute
- County of Carleton Law Association annual solicitor’s conference
- Conducts presentations to clients on requested topics dealing with their businesses
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Ottawa Jewish Community Foundation
- Former member of the Board of Directors of LiveWorkPlay
When he’s not in the office
Mitch enjoys travelling with his wife and two daughters.
I have referred several people to Melody MacDonell over the years. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and efficient. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone at Rasmussen Starr Ruddy.
A big thank you to Melody and her staff. Melody is straight forward and knows her stuff. Although going through a separation is hard, I was very confident things would work out in my favor. And they did. Looking forward to the next new chapter to begin. Thanks again Melody.
I don’t know what I would have done without them. You may not remember every word they say, but you’ll never forget how they make you feel.
Their personal skills are great: they’re very easy to deal with. I question a lot and they’re very accommodating.
I like the fact that I can pick up the phone and talk to my lawyer, not an assistant. Other firms are getting too big to provide personal service.
They have a clear understanding of our business and are very responsive. The partners are well respected among their peers.
They’re prompt, intelligent, give good advice, and charge reasonable rates.