Rasmussen Starr Ruddy acts for non-union employers and employees as well as dealing with management-labour law issues.
Our management side labour law services include:
- Certifications and terminations of bargaining rights
- Advice and services through the collective bargaining process
- Federal and Ontario Labour Relations Board proceedings
- Management side labour agreements and contracts
- All matters related to labour relations and grievance arbitration
Our employment law services include:
- Directors’ duties and responsibilities
- Disability claims
- Drafting employment policies and procedures
- Employment standards issues
- Executive compensation and incentive packages
- Human Rights complaints
- Mergers and acquisitions employment implications
- Non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Occupational health and safety
- Preparing and reviewing letters of offer, employment contracts, cost-sharing agreements, independent contractor agreements, association agreements, workplace policies
- Termination/severance packages
- Wrongful dismissal claims
- Workplace reorganization and constructive dismissal claims
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board issues
I have referred several people to Melody MacDonell over the years. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and efficient. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone at Rasmussen Starr Ruddy.
A big thank you to Melody and her staff. Melody is straight forward and knows her stuff. Although going through a separation is hard, I was very confident things would work out in my favor. And they did. Looking forward to the next new chapter to begin. Thanks again Melody.
I don’t know what I would have done without them. You may not remember every word they say, but you’ll never forget how they make you feel.
Their personal skills are great: they’re very easy to deal with. I question a lot and they’re very accommodating.
I like the fact that I can pick up the phone and talk to my lawyer, not an assistant. Other firms are getting too big to provide personal service.
They have a clear understanding of our business and are very responsive. The partners are well respected among their peers.
They’re prompt, intelligent, give good advice, and charge reasonable rates.