If you’re in business, you will require the services offered by Rasmussen Starr Ruddy’s experts. We handle all aspects of the legal life cycle of a business, from early decisions relating to proper business structure to the preparation of partnership and shareholder agreements through the acquisition and disposition of businesses including intergenerational transfers. Our expertise includes leasing and lease agreements, tax planning for businesses and individuals, and bankruptcy and insolvency.
Businesses that are properly structured and organized can respond to growth and change. No matter the stage of your business, we will assist you in all operational matters, from compliance to contract drafting and review. Rasmussen Starr Ruddy will guide you through all aspects of the business cycle, from establishment and governance through restructuring, asset management, succession and everything in between.
Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Proposals to creditors
- Debt realization
Banking and Financial Services
- Financing commitments
- Personal guarantees
- General security
- Collateral security
- Share pledge agreements
- Sole proprietorships
- Partnerships, including Limited Liability Partnerships and Limited Partnerships
- Incorporations, including holding companies
- Professional Corporations
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Charitable organizations
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholder & partnership agreements
- Franchise Disclosure compliance
- Association agreements
- Cost-sharing agreements
- By-laws and organizational resolutions
- Subscription agreements
- Annual resolutions
- Minute book updates
- Employee profit sharing plans
- Directors’ & officers’ duties and responsibilities
- Insurance liabilities
- Risk management
Internet, Information Technology and Intellectual Property
- End User Agreements
- Privacy Policies
- Online speech and conduct and e-commerce transactions
- Subdivision application and subdivision plan registrations
- Condominium applications and condominium plan registrations
- Site plan applications
- Municipal agreements, road widening transfers and transfer of easements
Operational, Restructuring, and Corporate Changes
- Supply and services contracts, leases, subleases and other agreements
- Corporate reorganizations, including transfers in accordance with the Income Tax Act, for the purposes of Tax and Succession Planning
- Articles of amendment
- Letters of Intent
- Confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-competition agreements
- Share purchase and sale transactions
- Asset purchase and sale transactions
- Franchise purchase and sale transactions
- Debt restructuring
- Debt and equity financing
- Buy-outs and mergers
- Legal compliance including CASL compliance (anti-spam legislation)
- Compliance with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission
Residential and Commercial Leasing
Negotiating and understanding the terms of leasing documents can be a daunting task. We simplify the task for you. Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, having an agreement tailored to your needs is key. We assist our clients in negotiating, drafting, reviewing, and amending leases, subleases, assignments and extensions to suit their needs while complying with the Commercial Tenancies Act and the Residential Tenancies Act. We also advise on default and breach of provisions and claims, ensuring your rights are protected.
- Leases: agreements, amendments, extensions, assignments
- Cost recoveries
- Estoppel certificates
- Landlord consents
- Landlord and tenant remedies / enforcement
- Non-disturbance agreements
- Registering notices of lease
- Offers /letters of intent
- Surrenders of lease
I have referred several people to Melody MacDonell over the years. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and efficient. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone at Rasmussen Starr Ruddy.
A big thank you to Melody and her staff. Melody is straight forward and knows her stuff. Although going through a separation is hard, I was very confident things would work out in my favor. And they did. Looking forward to the next new chapter to begin. Thanks again Melody.
I don’t know what I would have done without them. You may not remember every word they say, but you’ll never forget how they make you feel.
Their personal skills are great: they’re very easy to deal with. I question a lot and they’re very accommodating.
I like the fact that I can pick up the phone and talk to my lawyer, not an assistant. Other firms are getting too big to provide personal service.
They have a clear understanding of our business and are very responsive. The partners are well respected among their peers.
They’re prompt, intelligent, give good advice, and charge reasonable rates.